Thursday, April 1, 2010

BF and the Watercolor GODS....


So, as I have mentioned, I have been spending a lot of time working in pastels and LOVING life! I have also been doing some abstracts in acrylics that I have been finding pretty interesting. What I have NOT been doing, however, is watercolor. Not because I don't like watercolor. I LOVE watercolor. I just have been spending my time else where. That is all! Really! Am I sounding a little defensive? Perhaps. I have been thinking about doing some watercolor for a while now....I have worked up a few sketches that would lend themselves well to watercolor....but I hesitate. Why?, you might ask. Well, I'll tell you. I have not been making offerings to the WATERCOLOR GODS and I know they will NOT favor me with a reasonable outcome.
I mentioned earlier that I taught art in high school for many years...During that time, I often spoke to my students about the ART GODS. That we, as would be artist, have to show up and make offerings in the way of attempts at art to get the GODS attention (as the students said, You are a little strange, Mrs. Reed. Yeah, yeah, yeah.). With each offering you gather more and more of the GODS attention. With enough offerings they will EVENTUALLY deem you worthy and grant you a decent work of art.
I have not made offerings in a long while. I do not have the WATERCOLOR GODS favor (sad face). I must, therefore, accept the poohy paintings that I am making (sad. real sad) right now until the WATERCOLOR GODS deem me worthy.
No pic with this one as they are poohy! All in good time though. I do have faith in the WATERCOLOR GODS.
Wait! I will put in another abstract! Yes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment