Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spilled Milk




They say you should not cry over spilled milk. Giving that I am more than a tad lactose intolerant, I tend to agree. My question is, "that does that advise extend to coffee?" What if the coffee is extra bold, extra delicious Starbucks Sumatra coffee with just THE right amount of 1/2 & 1/2 and a magical amount of sugar? Still no crying? Well, as I wiped this liquid libation of the GODS off of my floor, I must admit to shedding a just a few tears...
I am posting the other sky that I did actually from the same scene. It was near the end of the day and the sun was going down. It created such spectacular streaks of orange across the sky that I felt the scene was all for me!!!! I had to stop and do a few quick sketches and to take a couple of quick photos.
This one is a small and very rectangular pastel while the other was acrylic and while still a rectangle, not as extremely so.
Anyway, I am on my way up to the attic to paint. I am working on a boat scene that I started a bit ago but got to a sticking point that I could not see past. I think I MAY see it now. That, remains to be seen! *groan* sorry. Could not help it!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE BF I'VE COME TO KNOW

    I met her fortuitously several years ago on one of those myriad websites, not looking for anyone in particular, just hoping to connect. You could say our mutual love for fine coffee brought us together, but I would like to think of it more as the product of fate. I firmly believe in fate.

    What struck me right from the start was her kindness, her resilient cheerfulness despite life's vicissitudes, her ability to make light of tough situations: as she put it, her philosophy does seem to turn around the live-and-let-live principle. Throughout those intervening years, BF has been a true friend, a friend who definitely has her quirky side, is impulsive more often than not, and whose genuine smile lightens up the day of those who come in contact with her.

    This is MY personal take on her : of course, your mileage may vary. :) One thing remains: one's life cannot be but enriched by its contact with this out-of-the-ordinary individual in her various incarnations as mother (to her immediate family as to her extended one, namely her students), artiste and friend.

    ReplyDelete