Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sheer Force of Will

So I've come to the page with nothing new to say. Starting this blog started a commitment, right? Life is all about honoring commitments in the long run, isn't it?
So, one could argue, is this whole pursuit of art thing. You show up. You make your mark even when you feel you have nothing to say. And especially when you are sure what you have to say is insignificant. You make you offering to the ART GODS and maybe in the offering an image will come. You wet the brush sometimes through sheer force of will.
This painting, titled "Sheer Force OF Will", is a layered acrylic abstract. You've seen a few of things thatI have done and now think you know what I do, right. I do a lot of different things in different media that pull from different subject matter. I really like the abstracts, however, because I feel they are closer to who I am. They show the dichotomy between opposing conflicting elements through the juxtposion between organic and geometric shapes. These works struggle to hold diametric components in one piece of art at a time...like the balancing act of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment