Saturday, March 20, 2010

For the Love of Orange...

I was going to do a "themed" exhibition a bit ago that consisted of fruits sitting on glasses. "Why?" you ask? "Indeed", I answer.
I did the first one absolutely LOVING life!!!! Just me, the pastels and plenty of excuses to use orange! Ahh.. hard to ask for more than this out of life.
This is an 18" x 24" panel of a 3 part grouping of oranges in glasses. It juxtaposed the cool background and the coolness of the glass with the extremely warm orange! The spherical quality of the orange itself stands as direct contrast to the very even background.
After this triptych, and a few other fruit on glasses, I was back to abstracts and seascapes and skyscapes and all the other images that clutter my mind.
I had an exhibition of varied works instead as I am going to do this May 2010 at Art Exposure in Hampstead, NC. You should come out to see what comes out of this cluttered mind! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment